Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Once Upon A Time Makes Frozen Fresh


Sup Once Upon A Time fans!  So I don't know what you thought when you first saw the scene above during last season's finale, but if it was anything like mine, you were about about as happy as a squirrel that's been hit by a lawnmower.  I'm probably biased because I work at Walt Disney World and they've thrown Frozen in my face so much that if you shook off my eyelids, you could build a snowman.

I was completely done with everything and anything Frozen.  But this season of Once Upon A Time has completely cured my frostbite!  (Except for the Wandering Oaken's scene.  I worked at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post all summer, so hearing him say, "Yoo-Hoo" was like getting an icicle to the temple.  Aside from that negative, I have nothing but positive things to say about this awesomely chilly season.


Allow me to start the praise off by saying that Anna and Elsa were extremely well cast!  Georgina Haig and Elizabeth Lail, who play Elsa and Anna respectively, are killing it this season.  Not only do they look like the characters, but they also look like sisters.  I'm not sure if they are both just great actresses or if have watched Frozen more times than any 6 year old American girl, but they are Anna and Elsa and I don't think that Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell themselves could do any better.  (I may catch some heat from that.  Oops)

Next up on the praise list:


ELIZABETH FREAKIN MITCHELL!

When she popped up at the end of the second episode, I yelled, "Juliet," and spilled my Mountain Dew.  (I'm a huge LOST fan!)

The storyline crossover between Hans Christian Andersen's original; The Snow Queen and Disney's Frozen is something that I never would have thought of.  I actually really wish that the rumored Frozen sequel would have followed this path.  It's a really awesome concept and I can't respect this season's writers enough.

Finally:


SVEN!

So what do you, the internet people think about this season so far?  What are your favorite/least favorite aspects of it?  Do you like or hate Frozen?  Are you reading all of these questions?  Sound off in the comments!




Follow me on Twitter:  @joeyesrojo



No comments:

Post a Comment