Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sitting In My Jeep, Pondering Life And Junk

You know, I've never considered myself to be smart, attractive, or funny.  The terms average, awkward, and spontaneously creative are much more pleasing to my ears.

I am just here in my Jeep.  I'm an hour early for work, so I'm just chilling in the Downtown Disney parking deck, watching humanity attempt to function and it's that time I get to be alone with my thoughts that really gets me thinking about my future and where I currently am in life

Currently I'm 24, I've got maybe $100 to my name until I get paid Friday and I will most likely blow a large portion of that money on fast food and more fast food.  I just had lunch, which was a Lunchable I picked up from the dollar store. 
I spent my morning finishing up the first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and blogging about it.

The only real negative part of my day has been battling my autocorrect to type out this current blog on my phone.  So if that's the worst part of my day, why don't I feel like a million bucks.

A huge struggle that I've been witnessing with people in my current age bracket is that nobody really feels fulfilled with there life.  We want to be more, see more, do more and see that our lives are much more than average.  It seems like this day and age has truly killed the concept of stopping to smell the flowers.

I'm not writing this to say that having goals and striving to surpass them isn't great, but do we really want to miss all of the little things that make us happy?

Earlier I told you my entire morning, most people would call it lazy, in fact a messaged my bae saying so.  (Yes, I said bae, suck it.)

Why is taking time to relax something negative?  Why do I feel like I didn't do anything today?  Why do I feel like I let life slip away when in all actuality I needed to take a break today?  Who really knows?

Moral of my thoughts today is that you don't need to strive for the next and greatest achievement everyday, let yourself be lazy and soak in a little bit of the right now without thinking of the future. 

We don't have too long.  Stop and smell the roses and maybe just maybe, watch a little TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment