Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Glee Review - I Kissed A Girl


I KISSED A GIRL


Alright so we start off this episode off and we quickly learn that it's about Santana getting outed by a rival in Sue and Burt's campaign.  (Anyone else find it odd that we never once saw this guy?)  But Santana's going to get suspended for slapping Finn due to the school's no violence policy to which Santana brings up a good point asking why students who throw slushies aren't getting suspended.  The answer?  Slushies aren't a weapon.  It's lame but it's an explanation.  But Finn steps up and all of the sudden says Santana didn't slap him.  Santana and everyone else are shocked by this but Finn tells Santana that he wants to kind of reunite the school's two glee clubs.

After this we learn that Finn has chosen a theme for the week.  What is this theme you may ask?  Lady Songs By Ladies.  Yep, it's all song about women and power sang by powerful women.  How do we start it off?  Kurt and Blaine sing Pink...

(thank you for saying it all Pink)

But let's not forget about what Glee does best, all the secondary story-lines!  Alright.  So Puck and Shelby are getting all up into each other.  Shelby calls Puck after the baby (like I care to know her name, I know it's a girl) falls and busts her lip open.  (Sure call a high school kid)  But then they go off and do it, Shelby thinks it's a bad idea again, and Puck leaves angry.  And where does good old Puck go when he's angry?  To bang Quinn.  (Good man Puck, good man)  But Quinn has other plans and is trying to get herself pregnant again and Puck is not having a bit of that.  (Good man Puck, good man)  But after Puck decides to stay and cuddle he tells Quinn of his and Shelby's doings.  (Dun, Dun, Dunnnnnnn!)  And oh yeah somewhere in there Puck sings Melissa Etheridge.  (Glee's way of saying, "Oh yeah, lesbian episode, you know what this needs?  Melissa Freakin Etheridge.)

(Yeah I Googled Miss Etheridge.  I thought she was dead.  Learn something new everyday.)

Now onto a storyline that I liked.  Coach Beiste and her man Cooter...Sorry but did nobody think that making the very manly lady love a man named Cooter...I'm just going to leave that one alone.  (She calls him Coot for the love of God!)  But in this episode we see something new...Sue.  Sue has a apparently had a wack at Cooter a time or two.  (Yeah I just wrote that.)  Sue's called him up and soon after we see Beiste catch Sue and Cooter out on the town.  Cooter tells Beiste that 's tried making moves but she just didn't seem interested.  Beiste is sad and leaves.  (For who could ever love a Beiste!)   Later on after Sue loses the election to Burt,  (I'm not making a big deal of it, the episode sure didn't.)  Beiste comes back in the room and tells Cooter that she loves him and she's not giving up.  Oh yeah, she sang Jolene (Beiste did.)  And you know what?  I really liked it.  Maybe the best song of the show!

But speaking of the best song of the show, let's go on to the worst.  Finn singing a slow ballad of Girls Just Want To Have Fun...I've never wanted to die watching TV before, way to go Finn you knocked something off my bucket list!

(I approached Cyndi for her opinion on Finn's performance and received this quote: "He did better than I thought he would.  I took up meth for that song and all he took was his masculinity.")

Finally.  The election came up.  Kurt lost.  Brittany won.  And Rachel stuffed the ballot box...Winning an election and not getting enough votes!  Who would support such a thing?!


But finally back to the main storyline.  Santana is confronted by a new jock who wants to bang her straight again and all of the glee club girls come out of nowhere like a swarm of killer bees and tell him to back off.  This leads into I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.  No when I think of that song and those girls singing it I...I...I'll be back in a minute.

(I didn't get that joke)

But finally we learn that Santana's parents were okay with her being just how she is but she's got to go tell her grandmother and we get a great scene with her grandma just telling her to get out of the house and never come back.  The line that stuck out to me the most was Santana asking, "What's different about me now?"  Which was a good point.  I liked it.  Good scene.  Applause for Glee.

BUT THEN...

Kurt's accused of stuffing his ballot box.  (Snicker)  And then Rachel goes and confesses to it.  She's suspended for one week and...and...AND...

BANNED FROM COMPETING AT SECTIONALS

Let that shocker sink in and I'll see you for the next episode...


Overall Review for I Kissed A Girl : I liked it!  
 
(I still don't get it.)





No comments:

Post a Comment