Monday, September 28, 2015

Scream Queens: Glee's Cover of American Horror Story


Can I just say that there is no way on this Earth I thought I would like this show...but I do.  That's the sad fact, I enjoyed the premiere episodes of Scream Queens immensely more than I'd like to admit.

Ryan Murphy, the creator of American Horror Story and Glee decided that both shows needed to be combined and let me tell you, the result is a wonderfully campy, star studded, slasher that is sure to delight even the most fickle of critics.

The show premiered to many favorable views and according to an article by Variety, the show garnered over 7.8 million views after its release on sites like Hulu.  (Which one of those views was from yours truly.

Basis of the show is this: Chanel is the president of Kappa Kappa Tau, a hoity-toity sorority full of bitchy plastics.  The sorority is littered with dirty history, in fact the opening scene shows a sister giving birth at party and then dying in the tub.  Years after the birth/death, there is now a Red Devil on the loose, killing all the sisters.

(He's creepy, yet not so creepy when you watch the show. I can't explain, you gotta watch.)

The show also features a line-up of young Hollywood royalty including: Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Nick Jonas, Ariana Grande (whose scene with the Red Devil is absolutely Oscar worthy), and Keke Palmer.  It also has the original horror icon chick Jamie Lee Curtis, SNL star Nasim Pedrad and the always hilarious Reno 911 alumni Niecy Nash. But my favorite person might just be Deaf Taylor Swift:

(May She Rest In Pieces)

Scream Queens is going to have its critics, because at its heart it is a teenage show.  This series will probably have its ups and downs, but I see it as something that will be fun for the Halloween season.  The bonus of having intriguing characters, as well as hilarious dialogue, with some gory deaths thrown in...it's just a beautiful concoction of happiness.

I'm going to keep on top of this show and hopefully bring reviews out to you every week..  So until next week...

SHONDELL!  WHY YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR THROAT!?!






No comments:

Post a Comment