Tuesday, August 27, 2013

AJ Lee's Rocking Pipe Bomb


So did you catch RAW last night?  I didn't yet, but after hearing about it all over Twitter and every wrestling website that I read, I made sure to catch AJ Lee's pipe bomb, or as CM Punk dubbed it on Twitter, a "pipebombshell".  When's the last time you've got to hear the words "Diva" and "Pipe Bomb" together?  Never I think is the word...At least nothing since the Lita/Trish Era.

Here's how this whole thing went down.  We started this off with a match between Natalya and Brie Bella.  It was basically at Total Divas Rematch from Summerslam, with Naomi and Cameron in Natalya's corner while Nikki and Eva Marie accompanied Brie.  I also feel really bad for Jojo who was regulated to ring announcer.  She seems to be fading into obscurity, Jojo just needs a boost.

The match was alright, it was a carbon copy of their previous bout, but the real fireworks came after as the Bellas' theme cut off by the oh too familiar, "Light it up!"  The Divas Champion skips out with a mic and it's looks like we're going to be treated to a rare Divas promo.

Everyone wonders what AJ could possibly come out of AJ's twisted little mind and then she decides to let it rip.  AJ says she saw the previous night's episode of Total Divas and begins to take it right to every Diva on the show.  Saying the Bellas are showing their obvious Daddy issues, the Funkadactyls are breaking up and then getting back together, Natalya has a fiance that's not quite a man, and the other two were also there.  (The last bit was my personal favorite)  She goes on to say that they are all a bunch of useless, talentless, interchangeable women.  The Black Widow clad diva then finishes it off saying that she's watching them walk around in stupid designer heels and they're not even fit to lace up her Chuck Taylors.  That gets a big pop from the crowd.  She adds a wink at the end saying that none of them can touch her, and that's a reality.  She tosses the mic to the ground and skips off.  Boom!

That is one of the best things I've seen in a while when it comes to the Divas Division.  AJ Lee has definately come a long way and has risen, grabbing that brass ring of the division.  The next step from here I believe is a feud between AJ and one of the Total Divas babyfaces.  I think it may be Natalya, but it a feud between her and Naomi would be really great, the matches between those two are always fantastic.  I see it going like this, AJ fights some of the other faces, Cameron, maybe even Jojo, and lays waste to them.  After that she beats either Naomi or Natalya and sets up a feud/title match with the other.  I just hope to God they don't make her face The Bellas...I just really don't enjoy seeing The Bellas near a ring unless they're valets.  

I've got my fingers crossed for next week's RAW, and I'm about to catch the entire episode on Hulu, heard it's great.  Keep it up WWE!  And light it up AJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment