Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Late Night Thoughts About The Future

Okay, so most people that know me know that I don't sleep too much. Well I do go to bed but I never seem to sleep. But when I'm laying there, I start thinking. Usually it's stupid stuff like ideas for skits or what would carrots taste like covered in grape jelly. But sometimes I think about the future and thinking about the future sucks because you always want to know where you going but the truth is that you're never going to know till you get there.

See my family and I make videos and post them online. We enjoy them and a lot of other people do too. And it gets hard when you take your time making all of this stuff and then you see somebody online with a high-pitched voice getting fame and selling merchandise. Getting famous online is now becoming just as hard as getting famous in the real world. Cause everybody is doing it. Except the Amish, but they have a good reason why they're not trying to be famous online.

But when I think about the future, it kind of scares me. I'm going into a hard industry. I mean, I'm going to graduate from college with a degree in theatre. It's hard to make it in theatre, I'm going to have to work my but off. Cause to make it in the entertainment industry is hard. It's just one of those things you have to get lucky with. Cause you see some people who are amazing and have nothing to show for it. But on the other hand you have these people that did next to nothing and have everything in the world.

So when I think about the future, I have one thing on my mind. And that's to make something of myself. My goal in life is not to become a statistic. I want to stand out and have people notice me. Not in a Paris Hilton kind of way where you just want to be in the public eye, but in a way where people look at you because you've done something. Like in a Walt Disney kind of way, somebody who has done something with their life.

Well I'm going to stop ranting on about this. Later everyone!

-Joe/E

No comments:

Post a Comment