Friday, September 6, 2013

The Shows I'm Addicted To: 9/6/13

Hello Guys!  Welcome to the first September edition of The Shows I'm Addicted To!  This is of course my weekly blog post that lets you know the shows that I'm currently watching and staying addicted to!  Now I'm catching all these shows via Netflix, Hulu, and of course good old regular cable, so they can be from current to past!   So without any further ado, here are the programs that are keeping me awake at night this week!

10. Wipeout
(Last Week: N/A)


Coming in at number 10 this week is ABC's Wipeout.  Now this show is something I've taken to enjoying in the breakroom while I'm work.  Now I know this might be the most tasteful show for some people, but if you don't enjoy watching people fall headfirst into things or tumble off the big red balls, then something is wrong with you!  As they say in German: Schadenfredue, it's happiness in the misfortune of others.  (Thanks for that word Avenue Q!)

9. Phineas & Ferb
(Last Week: #6)


Phineas and Ferb stays on the list this week, falling down a few spots to number nine.  I'm slowly but surely becoming a huge nerd about this show.  It doesn't help that I work for Disney and I see Perry The Platypus stuff everywhere.  Seriously with Disney's merchandising and my frivolous spending, this show might break me.  Also, I really want a talking Baljeet action figure!

8. My Name Is Earl
(Last Week: #5)


Also falling down a couple spots on the list week is My Name Is Earl.  I feel really bad about not catching as much of this show as I want, but it's really just a victim of the other shows I'm watching (and my life) taking up too much of my time.  I still love this show and I'm still waiting on Jaime Pressly to accept my proposal of marriage!

7. How I Met Your Mother
(Last Week: N/A)


New to the list this week is the impeccable How I Met Your Mother.  Now I feel ashamed about this show, I've been trying to play catch up to it for so long and I'm still just starting season three.  But this week, thanks to my roommate Kati, I've begun catching more of it!  I'm just going to say it, you can't not like this show, it's too good!  Also just look at the cast, there's not a bad one in the bunch!  Also: Neil Patrick Harris, nuff said!

6. Kitchen Nightmares
(Last Week: #3)


After jumping up a few spots to number three last week, Kitchen Nightmares falls back to its usual home on the list at number six.  Much like I said with My Name Is Earl earlier, this show falls only due to the fact that I've been watching so many other shows.  I do have a request if this show decides to return, can Gordon please do a fast food place?  That sounds like TV gold to me!

5. WWE Monday Night RAW
(Last Week: #4)


Dropping down just one spot this week is WWE Monday Night RAW!  This week has the misfortune as not being as exciting as last week to me.  Now I know that it must be hard to write so much television.  Doing a live broadcast every single week has to be crazy, but last week was so good, this week just didn't live up to the hype.  But I'm still with you WWE!

4. Weeds
(Last Week: #7)


Jumping up a couple spots this week is Weeds.  This show was my next stop cause I lost the TV show of my life that was Orange Is The New Black, but Weeds is just as good.  Who knew that the writer of that show would have another successful show?  I know Weeds has been on longer and I'm playing catch up right now, but I really do love this show!  Can I say that I'm very high on this show??  I'll stop with the puns...My apologies.

3. WWE NXT
(Last Week: #9)


The biggest jump this week comes to us from WWE NXT.  Now I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best show that the WWE has right now.  The real reason for the jump up this week?  Did anyone else see the match between Sami Zayn and Jack Swagger?  That match was Pay Per View quality!  Seriously, the fact that you had to go to Hulu to see that match was cruel, I want to see this on my television each week!  Seriously one of the best matches I've seen in some time!

2. Total Divas
(Last Week: #2)


Chilling in its usual spot on the list is my always guilty pleasure Total Divas.  This week we got to see a creepy "romance" "blossom" between Jojo and WWE Superstar Justin Gabriel.  While we got to see that couple crash and burn, Natalya was busy having her bachelor party and stressing over if she should flirt with this other guy or her fiance...Duh Nattie.  Also, drunk Bella Twins...Just as annoying as sober Bella Twins.

1. New Girl
(Last Week: #1)


Still on top this week is New Girl.  I really can't tell you how much I enjoy this show.  I want to hang out with these people and I would like to also extend an invitation of marriage to Zooey Deschanel if this whole thing with Jaime Pressly doesn't work out.  This show is all about dorky awkward and I love it.  If you haven't seen this miracle of a program you need to reevaluate your life and your choices.





No comments:

Post a Comment