Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Shows I'm Addicted To - 9/28/13

Hello there everyone!  Welcome to The Shows I'm Addicted To!   I'm a little late with this week's edition cause to be honest, I've been busy!  Yep, busy, you know, being a productive member of society and what-not!  But there's been a lot happening on TV.  I'm still awaiting the season debut of Once Upon A Time, and I am trying to catch up on all these fall premieres.  Though some of them have been pretty awesome!  

Just a quick recap for those of you who are new to the blog, this is a countdown of the shows that are keeping me awake at night watching them.  Some of them are on the air, and some aren't.  I'm using Hulu, Netflix, and of course grand-daddy cable to watch all kinds of shows.  So here is the Top 10 shows that I'm enamored by this week!

10. Phineas & Ferb
(Last Week: N/A)


After being absent from the list for a little bit, my childishness comes shining through once again as Phineas & Ferb has returned to the list!  This is my constant show that I put on as I'm falling asleep.  That's not a bad thing either, it's just mind-numbing fun!  Got to love cartoons!

9. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
(Last Week: N/A)


Debuting on the list and on screens worldwide this week is Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  This show was just a guilty pleasure the entire time for me.  It was Marvel references and some familiar movie faces and a Joss Whedon show all the way through.  The show felt just like a mini-movie and I'm hoping each episode follows that format.  This has the possibility to be the next Heroes, or dare I say, better than Heroes.

8. WWE NXT
(Last Week: #7)


WWE NXT drops one spot this week.  This week's episode was alright but it was missing some of that spark that makes the show great for me.  The Divas match was pretty plain, mostly cause I'm not a fan of this Lay-Cool ripoff that Sasha Banks and Summer Rae are going for.  The tag-team turmoil was disappointing due to The Ascension winning.  Seriously, the gothic gimmick never works.  But I will say that I'm enjoying Bo Dallas' new direction and I'm looking forward to how his feud plays out with Sami Zayn, it looks like it's going places!

7. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
(Last Week: #8)


Swapping spots with WWE NXT this week, Guy Fieri pulls his crazy eating show up a spot and has me hungry for more.  I said it last week and I'll say it again, but I don't care for Fieri, but I really just can't stop watching him.  He's kind of like that guy from Man Vs. Food's douche-bag cousin.  But the real reason I watch this show is to literally just stare at the food and salivate like the sad sack I am on the couch.  This show is way too addicting!

6. WWE Monday Night RAW
(Last Week: #5)

This WWE RAW was alright this week.  It's kind of the same story I had with this week's WWE NXT.  It wasn't a bad episode, just nothing stood out to me.  With the superstars trying to stand up to the new McMahon family faction thing.  It was just a little plain.  Here's hoping next week brings something more exciting.

5. South Park
(Last Week: N/A)


South Park is back!  The new season made its debut this Wednesday.  Now along with the new episode, I've seen so much of the show this week it's crazy.  Of all the adult cartoon shows, South Park has to be my favorite.  It's got that dirty humor to it, but it also has a great social commentary to each episode that I enjoy.

4. The IT Crowd
(Last Week: #3)


Sticking around this week in the top half of the list is that golden show straight out of the United Kingdom.  No, not Dr. Who, it's The IT Crowd.  Now the final closing episode is coming soon and I'm still trying to finish up the series.  But you know there's so many other shows, that I'm just trying to keep up.  This show is amazing and I can wait to see how it ends, as sad as that is to say.

3. Sleepy Hollow
(Last Week: N/A)


Can I just say how amazing this show is!  I watched the first two episodes back to back and couldn't take my eyes off the screen.  I will say I was a little thrown at the first 15mins of episode one cause I didn't quite grasp what was going on, but as the episodes went on, I was literally captivating.  Mr. Crane is one of my favorite new characters.  I am on the edge of my seat waiting for next week!  I'm officially hooked!

2. New Girl
(Last Week: #2)


I'm calling the number 2 slot the Total Divas curse.  It seems when something falls into number 2 it's pretty much destined to stay there.  New Girl has taken in this new slot.  This show keeps me laughing every time so I don't see it leaving the top half of the list anytime soon!

 1. Weeds
(Last Week: #4)


The biggest jumper this week...or should I say this biggest grower...anyone, every week I make a pun and say I'm not.  Weeds jumps up a few spots as I am still obsessed with this show.  I'm plowing through it on Netflix and I love it!  Every characters is golden and every line is so well written...I"m just head over heels for this show.


So what do you think about this week's list?  Do you like it?  Do you hate it?  Is there something I should be watching that I'm not?  Sound off and let me know. 

Follow Me on Twitter: @joeyesrojo and you will get updated on my show watching habits!

Till Next Week Folks,

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment